Your Class Experience
Whether a complete novice or a seasoned martial artist, the Art of Yoshinkan Aikido can seem deceptively simple. Just like the Japanese Blossom Tree, the art expands the higher up you go. Understanding and Mastering this beautiful art is truly a journey through life that fits all sizes, ages and types!
Certified instructors from Japan
Our Training Halls
(Dogi & Hakama)
Aikido Shudokan Malaysia has world-class male and female senior instructors, each with a vast amount of experience behind them. All Instructors are Certified from Aikido Nishinkan Japan, headed by Inoue Kyoichi Kancho, 10th Dan Aikido Japan.
A training hall implies much more than simply a place to exercise. Literally meaning place to study the way’, upon entering the Dojo a higher standard of behaviour and awareness is required. When entering and leaving both the dojo or the mat area, one bow’s to show not just respect for the space, but signifying one’s transition between the outside world and the dojo.
When training in Aikido, one wears a thick white uniform known as a Dogi (lit: uniform for studying the way). Additionally, teachers or senior students may also wear traditional pleated trousers known as Hakama . These two garments are training versions of traditional samurai wear, and are uniquely suited to training Aikido techniques.
Why Choose Us?
Everyone has a reason for picking up a Traditional Martial Art: be it to get fit, to learn self defence, to improve oneself mentally and physically or just simply to have Fun! No reason is same or wrong!
Join to get Fit, To Stay Fit or for Fun!.
From: RM100 / Month
From: RM60 / Month
Aikido theory applied n the Corporate World.
From: RM50 / PP
Join our Adults Classes in any of our Dojos throughout Malaysia. Learn more about our locations and fee structures.
Enrol your Child into our Junior Aikido Classes where they will learn basic falling techniques, coordination, discipline, etiquette and confidence.
Find out how Aikido Theories can be applied in the corporate world to improve focus, cooperation and efficiency of any organisation.
Aikido Shudokan Malaysia is the first Yoshinkan Aikido School in South East Asia.
- Techniques that work regardless of size The principles of Aikido allow a person of small size is able to maximise their own power whilst using their opponents power against them.
- Confidence through inner quiet Through regular and diligent training, a student develops confidence in themselves because they are constantly being pushed and they develop fortitude in the face of pressure.
- Increased fitness, health and flexibility Being a martial art, Aikido definitely improves your fitness and flexibility. Regular training allows a student to build the correct muscles to apply good technique.
- Develop awareness and self-defence skills Develop awareness of your surroundings, your physical self and your mental self, which are key traits required in the development of good self-defence skills.
- High quality learning environment The physical surroundings of the dojo are always neat and clean, and offer a tranquil place where a student may leave their daily worries upon entry through the door. The facilities have all been built with the student in mind, to enable them to learn in the best environment possible. All instructors have been trained to teach and each is passionate about the Art and the teaching of the Art.
- Diverse and friendly student community Students from the age of 4 to the age of 65 all can develop an interest in training in Aikido, and people of all backgrounds, too. It was Gozo Shioda’s goal to have Aikido bring together people of the world to create harmony and Aikido Shudokan Malaysia is a living example of this idea.
- Study the techniques used by professionals in security, the military, or the police. The techniques have been developed to control rather than maim and as such it is taught to those in the military, police and within the security industry. Ramlan Ortega Sensei has been employed as a crowd controller and has felt the effectiveness of his Aikido training.
- Authentic martial art The style of martial art taught at Aikido Shudokan has its roots in the Samurai period of Japan. The techniques and traditions have been passed down and maintained through generations, including from the teachers in Japan to Ramlan Ortega Sensei and then to his students. What is taught at Aikido Shudokan Malaysia is about more than applying techniques, it is about teaching the noble samurai spirit that accompanies this system of martial arts.
Do you want to join our growing family?
Find a Training Centre near you and see how the class times fit your schedule. All trial classes are Free so that you don’t have to worry about signing up to something which you are not comfortable with!